How to use it?
4 the birds bird repellent gel is applied with a standard caulking gun. Before inserting a cartridge of the gel into caulking gun carriageway, simply trim the end of plastic spout to a taper. Leave the lip on the spout for replacing the cap on partially filled cartridges, and puncture the seal.
To apply 4 the birds gel, keep the tapered flat section of the cartridge spout resting lightly on the surface to be treated. Then draw the caulking gun slowly towards you while applying steady pressure on the trigger during the full distance of travel. This technique provides a strip of about 1/2” wide and ensures satisfactory results.
On wider surfaces, such as chimneys, fire walls, downspouts, bell towers, AC and heating ducts, additional layer may be needed.
To determine how many cartridges of 4 THE BIRDS gel repellent will be needed prior to application, simply divide the total number of linear feet to be treated by 10. Each cartridge of 4 THE BIRDS will treat 10 feet.
Things to know :
- Works in hot, cold and moderate temperatures. It retains its sticky behaviour from a frosty 15F to a blistering 200F.
- Clean the surfaces before applying the gel. Remove the dead birds, nests etc. and Then wire brush or scrape the surface to remove loose paint, dust etc.
- On Porous surfaces, such as stone or unpainted wood, the surface should be sealed prior to applying the gel by brushing or spraying a coat of shellac or a 50% solution of white glue, then allow to dry.
- If crust develops on 4 THE BIRDS after it has been applied in an excessively dusty area, simply score it with a screwdriver to renew the surface for extended effective bird control.
- Re-application of this product may be required if placed in particularly dusty areas. To reapply, simply scrape away the old product using a suitable tool, clean the surface, and re-apply as required.