Insect Dust is a superfine insecticide that ensures the long term control of insects. These insects include cockroaches, fleas, wasps, silverfish, bedbugs that cause structural damage as well as affect the Health and Safety of the selected area. The use of this product is recommended for the walls and ceilings cavities of the affected area as the powder itself can over a large surface area.
Its lightness and small sized particles ensure that the product can penetrate the crevices, cavities, and cracks in the ceilings and walls. The use of electrical and/or hand blowers to dispense the powder means that it can be spread long distances, whereas the wet insecticides tend to not cover as much surface area as well as not being able to reach the crevices and cavities as effectively as a powder.
The application of this product is allowed in domestic, commercial and industrial premises.
For pests such as cockroaches, ants etc:
- Apply 10g/m2 of the Insect Dust product with an electrical or hand blower/puffer into the crevices, cracks, and cavities of the affected space.
- Attention should be given to the areas where the insects congregate e.g. around warmer, darker areas.
- Reapply if needed into the same areas.
For wasp and/or bee nests:
- Apply 40g to 250g of the Insect Dust powder through the entrance hole of the selected nest.
- The amount of product is dependent on the size of the wasp/bee nest and the number of different entrance holes into the selected nest.
- Treat the selected nest at night when the wasps/bee are least active to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Suitable protective clothing should be worn to prevent wasp stings such as long-sleeved clothing and long pants, as well as gloves and a hat including a bee veil.
Permethrin 2% ,Talc 80%
Permethrin isomer ratio 40:60
- When using the Insect Dust product there are health risks and safety precautions that need to be taken to ensure the health and safety of the user.-
- Hazard Classification: 6.4A, 6.5B, 6.9B, 9.1A, 9.4B.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Low toxicity if inhaled.
- May be harmful if swallowed.
- May cause mild eye irritation or skin irritation, avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- May cause skin sensitisation from repeated exposure.
- May cause organ damage through prolonged or repeated exposure.
- Avoid contact with food, food utensils, and places where food is stored or prepared.
- Before use remove or cover all exposed foodstuffs, dishes and utensils, and places where food is stored or prepared.
- Only apply as crack and crevice treatment for NZFSA approved treatments.
- Take care not to transfer Insect Dust from non-food processing areas to processing areas on clothing or other materials.
- Make sure that food processing areas are well ventilated after use and food preparation surfaces are thoroughly washed before edible products and packaging material are returned to the room.
- Do not allow insecticide spray to contact food, food preparation surfaces or food utensils
- Remove or cover all foodstuffs before insecticide application
- Do not use insecticide in areas where edible dairy or meat products are processed, packed or stored
- Do not use where food packaging materials (cartons, liners etc) are stored or assembled
- Do not use insecticide near air vents or ducts in food stores or processing plants while they are in operation
- Wash all food contact surfaces thoroughly before reintroducing any foodstuffs
- Refer to the Safety Data Sheets for identified health hazards
- Do not inhale dust
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while using
- Remove protective clothing immediately after using and wash face and hands before meals and after work
- Wash contaminated clothing before reuse
- Store in the original container in a well-ventilated area, well away from foodstuffs
- Storage must be in accordance with NZS8409
- Triple rinse container and add rinsate to spray tank
- Do not burn, recycle packaging through Agrecovery programme or similar
- Very toxic to fish and freshwater invertebrates
- Do not contaminate any water supply with a chemical or empty container
- Do not apply over or allow to drift over an aquatic environment
- Very toxic to invertebrates
- Do not apply over bees or plants in flower
- Toxic to terrestrial vertebrates such as birds and reptiles
- Inhibits the growth of bacteria