Why Should I Choose the Pestrol Outdoor Dominator Moth Trap?
- Excellent for controlling problematic moths including the Guava Moth, Codling Moth and Fall Armyworm Moth and other insects from larger properties
- Coverage: up to 4000sqm.
- Leave it on 24/7 to ensure the control over your Moth population
- Weather resistant unit
- Easy to set up the device, simply plug in the unit
- Pheromone lures significantly increases your catch rate. Single attractant would last 3-4 weeks
- Powerful LED bulb, powerful suction fan, chemical lure and heat generator altogether function to control the targeted Moth Population
- Easy to dispose of insects, as they fall to the bottom of the collection tray
How does The Pestrol Outdoor Dominator Moth Trap Work?
The Pestrol Dominator Moth Trap can include a pheromone moth lure for your problematic moth, which attracts the target moth toward to unit. It also utilises a special light to attract the Moth. The moth is then sucked into the unit by a powerful fan and trapped in the bottom catch compartment.
We have 3 pheromone lures available for 3 problematic moths in NZ
Pherocon Pheromone Guava Moth Lure
The Pherocon Guava Moth Lure replicates the scent of the female moth. This entices the male moths into the trap. It will reduce the extent of the infestations and will prevent the Guava Moths from attacking your precious fruit trees.
Codling Moth Pheromone Lure?
The Codling Moth Pheromone Lure replicates the scent of the female moth. This entices the male moths into the trap. It will reduce the extent of the infestations and will prevent the Codling Moths from attacking your precious fruit trees.
Fall Armyworm Pheromone Lure
The attractant lure is specific to Fall Armyworm only and is attracting the male FAW moth with female FAW pheromones.
Where to place the Lure on the Dominator?
Place the Pheromone Lure inside the small plastic container provided (has holes in the container to release the Female Moth scent).
Air-Actuated Gate System
Our patented gate system employs a plastic board downwind of the motor which is opened by air from the powerful fan and closed by a spring.
When the trap is powered “off”, captured insects cannot fly away upwards due to specially designed flaps that will automatically close. The insects will simply dehydrate and die.
The Positioning of the Pestrol Outdoor Dominator Guava Moth Trap
The best placement for the Dominator to control infestation would be to place it near the targeted fruit trees.