Open Size: 24cm (W) x 66cm (L) x 26cm (H)
HOW TO CATCH POSSUMS & WILD CATS?
This Possum/Wild Cat Trap offers effective solutions for humanely trapping troublesome possums & wild cats. Our Trap is safe for both humans, possums & wild cats, and are quickly becoming the most trusted name in pest control solutions. All Possum/Wild Cat Traps are built to tough, professional standards and offer the highest quality features including:
- Open Size: 24cm (W) x 66cm (L) x 26cm (H)
- Safely captures troublesome possums without injury
- Extremely simple baiting and operation
- Unfolds in minutes – no tools required
- Easy to bait, set and release
- Double-wire mesh surrounding bait area
- Super strong, gravity action door
- Extra wide, shielded handle for safe moving of possum during transportation
- Made from durable galvanised wire with a matte finish for extra strength and corrosion resistance
A variety of popular sizes to fit your needs:
For trapping of rats & mice we recommend the Rat & Mouse Trap
INSTRUCTIONS TO ASSEMBLE THE POSSUM/WILD CAT TRAP
The Possum Trap arrives ready for immediate use. Our focus is to provide you a way to catch, transport and release your possums, while keeping you and your unwanted possums safe. The most effective way to get rid of possums.
- Remove the cable ties holding the trap closed.
- Holding the handle on the top of the trap, slowly pull up the trap allowing it to fall into place. The rear door should be pushed down and back at the rear of the trap.
- Pull down the two sets of ‘U’ shaped support arms and fix them into the fixing clips located on each side of the trap. If you find the support arms do not stay firmly in the fixing clips, use your fingers or pliers to squeeze the fixing clips closed to secure the support arms.
- The traps should now be ready to connect the trap floor to the foot plate.
- The curled bottom end of the Trip Plate Rod should be connected to the Trip Plate.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SET THE POSSUM TRAP
- Place the trap on a flat even surface. If possible place the trap against a wall or building or in a path commonly used by the animal.
- The trap can be baited by opening the rear door and placing food about 2-3cm from the rear door. Do not place bait on the trip plate. Place the bait in a position that will force the animal to step on the Trip Plate. Once the bait is set, the rear door can be closed and the wire lock (Small square ‘U’ shaped wire) can be inserted through the designated holes and door rings to ensure the door doesn’t open. The hook on the end of the lock should be hooked over the trap mesh to secure the lock.
- Pull up the trap door by squeezing down the door lock frame with your thumb and at the same time pulling up the trap door using the door handle on the spring system.
- Holding up the trap door with one hand, slide the trap door hook (J-hook mechanism) under the bar of the trap door to hold the trap door up in place.
- The trap is now ready for use.
- It is often beneficial to camouflage the trap with materials normally found in the trapping area such as vegetation, sack cloth, boxes etc. If camouflaging / hiding the trap ensure materials do not interfere with the operation of the trap parts.
- Check the trap regularly to ensure trapped animals are in good condition.