The Act lowered the breath alcohol limit for adult drivers from 400 micro-grams (mcg) of alcohol per liter of breath, to 250 mcg. The blood alcohol limit has reduced from 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood, to 50mg.
Comes with an attractive carry case. So easy to use. Has been used in NZ under test mode for the last 12 months. Used by police overseas. Fuel Cell Technology Blowing time 6 Seconds. Will show ‘HI’ if above range. Accuracy + / – 0.005% and 0.5%. Memory saves last 5 records. Testing time 10 seconds. Unit can be re-calibrated.
Slide back the battery cover on the back of the device. Insert 2 AAA battery, make sure that the “+/-” symbols are correct.
If power is too low, the unit may display a battery symbol and device may not work correctly. You need to change the battery first.
- Insert one of the mouthpieces into the ‘blow in’ hole.
- press & hold the TEST button until power on. Release it after power on.
- The WAIT displays on the screen & countdown 10,9, and 8… to zero.
- BLOW displays on the screen, and displays “C” with flashing. Take a deep breath, blowing steady into the mouthpiece until beeping stops. (about 6 seconds)
- The device displays “WAIT” and flashing the “0” on the screen.
- Your test result will be displayed on the screen for 20 seconds.
- Your test result will change color if above alarming point.
- It will show “Err” when incorrectly blown.
Change the unit of Measurement
Press TEST & MEMORY buttons together for 5 seconds to power on the device. When you leave the buttons, the screen comes on.
Select the desired unit of measurement on LCD display.
Press TEST button to confirm the unit of measurement.