Dwarf Butter Bean – Vegetable Seeds
-20%PRICE GUARANTEE Seen a lower price? Ask us to beat it
The Dwarf Butter Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) is a popular variety with strong and upright growth and great yields of fleshy, lemon yellow pods. In summer they reach maturity in about 55 days preferring a sunny position they are easy to grow on most cultivated soils.
How To Grow
- Sow vegetable seeds 25mm deep in dark damp soil – avoid watering for a day or two afterwards.
- Sow 7-10cm apart allowing 50cm between rows.
- Ensure the danger of frosts has passed and protect plants from wind.
- Plant in 3-5m rows and remove weeds regularly.
- Water well in dry periods, and spraying flowers gently will help the pods to set.
- Additional fertiliser is not required as legumes will produce their own nitrogen.
- Harvesting while young will give you stringless beans.
Sow: From late spring to mid summer. In warmer regions, sowing in Autumn is ideal.
Harvest: 8-10 weeks
Plant Height: 50-60cm
Quantity: Contains 25g worth of seeds
Interest Free Finance Options
6 payments from as low as $0.29 with