Classic look, more power! The Yellow 3.0 features all the bells & whistles requested by our most hardcore hunters!
The BUG-A-SALT 3.0 is specifically tailored to the needs of the more serious fly hunter. Those who are fluent in weaponry & gun handling will appreciate custom improvements such as cross-bolt safety, trigger redesign, and Patridge sight (not to be confused with the bird, the sight is named after the famous rifleman Patridge).
We are very proud of this new, lethal edition to our family. However, we must warn that instead of leaving flies whole for easy cleanup, it may splatter them. Lorenzo also assures the 3.0 model greatly increases odds for in-flight take down.
- New Cross-Bolt Safety! Once it’s on, it’s on. Once it’s off, it’s off. Feel free to rapid fire, folks!
- Sleek design has streamlined the feel of the gun. It’s like butter on toast.
- Updated engineering on trigger mechanism. It’s now VERY light – so be careful! Keep away from children, pets, & idiots.
- Barrel has been lifted & patridge sight added for extremely accurate shooting. You can shoot the fly in the back of the neck now!
- Improved, more durable salt hopper makes tactical reloads easy during the heat of battle.
- Stronger spring creates a tighter salt pattern.
- Non-toxic and no batteries required. Uses ordinary table salt for ammo.
- Recommended for soft-bodied insects: common houseflies, mosquitos, pest/poisonous spiders, small – large (but not XL) roaches, lantern flies, cabbage worms, earwigs and moths.
- For use by responsible people only. Do not shoot at pets, butterflies, kittens, or humans.
- Includes 1-year warranty
STUCK OR CLOGGED SALT PIN TROUBLESHOOTING
The salt pin in your gun may become stuck/sticky. This is easy to fix. You will know this is your problem if the gun is cocked and the salt pin does not move up and down freely. You can test this by emptying the salt from the hopper, cocking gun, and pressing the pin with your finger.
- Empty all salt from the hopper (shake it and bang against your hand to dislodge grains that may be stuck).
- Drip a few drops/trickle of hot water (not boiling) into the salt hopper in order to dissolve the residue.
- Let the gun rest for a couple of minutes (leave sitting/still) and then repeat as needed until pin pops up.
- Once you are able to fire the gun (several times in a row while its still wet/salt-free), you are almost done!
- The last step is to thoroughly dry out your BUG-A-SALT before putting salt back in. We’ve had good luck using a hairdryer to speed up the drying process. Leaving your BUG-A-SALT outside in the sun (for an afternoon) is another good option.
If you don’t have time for the drying technique, we recommend allowing at least 48 hours for your salt hopper to dry before loading it back up with Salt. If you leave your gun in a cold damp place, like your garage or basement, it may take even longer to dry out!
If you live in an area with high humidity, the salt may clump up quickly, resulting in a clogged salt pin. We suggest that you do not store salt within the hopper when the gun is not being used.
BUG-A-SALT IS ADULTS ONLY USE 18+. BY PURCHASING YOU AGREE TO OUR SAFETY POLICY
How to use the Bug-a-salt 3.0