Why choose the Pestrol Outdoor Mosquito Trap?
- Coverage : 1000 sq. m
- Most effective against mosquitoes and other flying insects like midges, moths, flies, Asian beetles and sandflies
- Very quiet device, only noise you will hear will be from the fan is similar to the sound a computer fan would make.
- UV Light bulb to attract mosquitoes, midges and other small insects
- Produces CO2 and imitates human breath to attract mosquitoes
- Powerful fan which creates suction vacuum to suck insects in
- Built in Heat Generator for simulating human prey
- Octenol insect attractants are provided with the unit. Each octenol block would last almost 3 weeks
- Easy to dispose off the insects by taking off the bottom catchment once full.
Powered by plugging into your normal household power point. I would suggest an isolating transformer available at Mitre 10 or Bunnings for approx $12.00 for protection.
How does the Pestrol Outdoor Mosquito Trap work?
- It uses a combination of two methods used by the mosquitoes to find you: Warmth and Carbon Dioxide.
- The Pestrol Exterminator uses UV bulbs with a Ti02 coating. Ti02 produces carbon dioxide, like humans do, which attracts the insects in the area toward to unit.
- Insects are then sucked into the unit by a fan and trapped in the bottom catch compartment.
- The insects are then easily disposed off via the catchment (once full), and is a very effective yet environmentally friendly method of controlling mosquitoes outdoors.
- Octenol attractant is an added advantage when trying to catch these insects. You can either pop the Octenol tab inside the bottom capture chamber of the unit, or tape to the underside of the wing/rain protecting hat of the unit.
- In addition to mosquitoes, the Exterminator also controls other flying insects such as moths, flies, Asian beetles, Midges and no-see-ums. All without the use of propane!