Purple King Climbing Bean – Vegetable Seeds
$2.20PRICE GUARANTEE Seen a lower price? Ask us to beat it
Purple King Climbing Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) have long flat dark purple beans that turn a deep green when cooked. Magic beans! Like all beans, this one is no exception, they deliver great yields for the space they occupy, and regular harvesting will give longer yields.
How To Grow
- Sow vegetable seeds 25mm deep in dark damp soil – avoid watering for a day or two afterwards.
- Sow 10-15cm apart allowing 50-60cm between rows.
- Ensure the danger of frosts has passed and protect plants from wind.
- Plant in 1-3m rows and remove weeds regularly.
- Keep the roots cool – a mulch of garden compost will help considerably. Water well in dry periods.
- Additional fertiliser is not required as legumes will produce their own nitrogen.
- This climbing bean will require support by way of trellis or netting. Pinch the tips out to encourage a bushy growth.
Sow: From late spring to mid summer. In warmer regions, sow from early spring to mid Autumn.
Harvest: 10-12 weeks
Plant Height: 1.8m-2.4m
Quantity: Contains 25g worth of seeds
Interest Free Finance Options
6 payments from as low as $0.36 with